This video goes with pages 46-79 in the Lead Small book.
If you are a Small Group Leader and do not have a copy, contact us and we’ll get you one.
After watching the video and reading those pages, we have a few questions to help you process and apply this to you specifically.
Read the discussion questions below and in the comments add your thoughts so that we can have a real discussion and all learn how to lead small better!
You can also download a PDF of these questions here: Create A Safe Place Questions
You can also find blog posts related to this topic on a blog hosted by Orange, the publishers of the Lead Small book here.
Lead the Group
1. How do you model acceptance when there are differences? Or find the line between valuing confidentiality or reporting? How do you show balance between honesty and truth?
2. Has tension or conflict ever opened the door for a “teachable moment?” Talk about that. Share stories.
Respect the Process
1. Have you seen someone handle doubts and questions well?
2. How can you create space for your students to express doubts and questions safely? If they do express doubts and questions, how can you handle them?
Guard the Heart
1. What will guarding the heart look like for your few?
2. What are the steps you would need to take if one of your few were being hurt, hurting others, or hurting themselves? Do you know our church’s policy?