This video goes with pages 24-45 in the Lead Small book.
If you are a Small Group Leader and do not have a copy, contact us and we’ll get you one.
After watching the video and reading those pages, we have a few questions to help you process and apply this to you specifically.
Read the discussion questions below and in the comments add your thoughts so that we can have a real discussion and all learn how to lead small better!
You can also download a PDF of these questions here: Be Present Questions
You can also find blog posts related to this topic on a blog hosted by Orange, the publishers of the Lead Small book here.
1. What are ways you could try to know your few personally? How do you remember their interests, prayer requests, or special events? (The app could help with this.)
2. How has someone been physically present in your life? What did they do, even if it was small at the time, to leave an impression on you?
1. Aside from insane amounts of coffee, how can you keep yourself mentally engaged each week?
2. When can being present mentally be most difficult?
1. Small things can be a really big deal. What are ways you would like to try showing up randomly physically? What are other ways you could show up? (e.g., social media, hand-written notes, etc.)
2. Share stories about how being present randomly has made an impact on your group and helped you develop better influence and relationships. What do you struggle with? What are some things you would like to try?