The Basics of Summer Camp
The 2022 Summer Camp for students going into grades 5-6 in the fall will be Sunday, June 12 – Friday, June 17.
While at camp, your child will be assigned to a small group for the duration of the week. Small groups are the life of summer camp! Every activity, group, meal, worship session, and event runs like clockwork.
Summer Camp for students going into grades 5-6 is run by Mike Sheley, our church’s Middle School Pastor, and Dustin Hart, our church’s Youth Sports Coordinator.
Amanda Snow, our church’s Elementary Coordinator, directs the camp for students going into 3rd-4th grade. Chris Franklin, our church’s Children’s Ministry Pastor, serves as Camp Program Coordinator, making sure both camps are working well and have everything they need each day.
Camp Allendale Parent Information
Our summer camp for students entering 5th-6th grade in the fall takes place at Camp Allendale in Trafalgar, Indiana. Click here for Camp Allendale’s site for parent information.
Registration goes live at 6pm on Wednesday, February 16. Bookmark this link for registration: https://allendalemountpleasant.campbrainregistration.com
The cost for summer camp is $380* per camper. There is a $50 non-refundable deposit due at registration.
*There is a $50 discount for campers that are regular MPCC members/ attendees.
There is an additional $100 discount for Camp Leaders who have campers attending.
At registration, you can ONLY pay the $50, non-refundable deposit for each camper. You will be able to pay the balance in May when the camp opens that payment option.
This year we are offering a unique scholarship opportunity. If you need financial assistance or extra help since you have multiple campers attending Allendale, you can apply here: www.tinyurl.com/dean22MP.
This fund has been set up in honor of Dean Johnson, an amazing children’s and student leader who passed away in November of 2016.
Summer Camp Info Sheet 2022
Camp Allendale has put together a very helpful pdf that you can download here.
It has all of the following and more:
- Check-In Procedure for 2022
- Forms Needed
- Changes to Mail and Packages
- Online Camp Store
- Change to Sunday night meal
- Camp Balance Information
- Visitor Policy
- Camp Rules
- Check-Out Procedure
- What to Bring
- Health & Safety
- Dress Code
- Staff/Volunteer/Camper Code of Conduct
Please do not be discouraged by the waiting list. With our cabin capacity at 65%, this year there are a few things to consider.
- One of the cabins will not be available at the opening of registration. We are leaving this in place to adjust the numbers of groups that register. There are four different groups registering for spots at camp: 3/4 grade boys, 3/4 grade girls, 5/6 grade boys and 5/6 grade girls. The “open” cabin will be used for the group with the most campers on the
- There is also a possibility that additional housing will be available for our week of camp. However, we will not know this information until sometime in April.
- We typically hold a few spots from each group for our leader kids that we need to add.
- Therefore if your child goes on the waiting list, there is still a chance we can get them in to camp. There are just too many variables and changes this year for any guarantees.