FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The total trip cost for MIX is $450; only a $65 non-refundable deposit is due at time of registration.
Are you in financial need? Have 3 or more students in a family? We may be able help offset some of the cost to help you. If you are in need of financial assistance, please email us.
2. Final Payment and Forms Due
Final payments and all online forms are due May 1. If you are in need of financial assistance, please contact us. Registration will close on May 1 or when full.
3. What do sleeping arrangements look like?
- Dorms are gender-specific.
- Each dorm will be supervised by our small group leaders.
- Adults and students do not share beds.
- Dorms are comprised of bunk beds.
4. What kind of supervision will there be?
At MIX we will have small group leaders with a ratio of 1 leader for every 8 students.
5. Will my student ever be off by himself/herself?
The MIX schedule keeps students around their small groups and friends all day long. Our leaders are also always around to keep students connected as much as possible. Just remind your student of this as these young teens do get a chance to practice some freedom and responsibility at MIX.
6. How do you keep track of every student?
Everyone is a part of a small group with one or more leader(s). Leaders will be responsible for guiding and taking care of 8-12 students through the week of MIX.
7. What does the registration cost cover?
The registration cost includes all accommodations, meals, snack shack, travel, and conference fee. However, conference merchandise, extra snacks, and Adventure Zone activities (paintball, archery, and zipline) are considered additional costs.
8. What type of transportation do you use?
We use charter buses with professional drivers.
9. How do you determine dorm & bunk mate assignments?
The information collected as part of the registration process will be used to help determine bunk and dorm assignments. This may include friend requests, school, and small group information. Our goal is for every student to bunk with a friend.
10. How will I receive communication once my student is registered?
Our primary source of communication will come via e-mail. You will receive a confirmation e-mail once your student has successfully registered for MIX. Once we add you to our Minga group, that will also be a key source of information before, during, and after the event.
11. Where is the trip departing from?
We will be departing from the Student Ministries Center on the south side of the Community Life Center building at Mount Pleasant Christian Church. More details on how departure works will be available once registration is complete.
12. What grades will be attending my week of MIX?
MIX will be comprised of incoming 7th and 8th grade students. This means they are in 6th and 7th grade when registering but will be in 7th and 8th grade when school starts in the fall. Our ministry promotes students June 1, so all summer events are based on grades entering in the fall.